GPP elections will be held in December. Following is information about the open positions, eligibility and procedures.
Please read all information before emailing questions
- The Chair of the 2018 Nominating Committee will be Rebecca Shrager who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are eligible and interested, please email the Chair of the Nominating Committee.
- The positions of Chair of Internal Governance and Government Relations Committees are open. Please see below position descriptions as outlined in the Georgia Production Partnership By-Laws.
- Participation on the GPP Board is a commitment to be taken seriously. Duties vary according to the position at hand but most require a commitment of 7-14 hours per week, more around special events.
- If you have read all the below information and you still have questions about eligibility or procedures, please contact Melissa Goodman at email@example.com
Open Committee Chair Descriptions:
– Government Relations: Shall provide a flow of information between the PARTNERSHIP and the Georgia Film, Video and Music Office as well as its Advisory Board, and advocate for our industry.
– Internal Governance: Shall advise and provide support to the officers, committee chairpersons and membership regarding following the Rules of Parliamentary Procedure and the Bylaws.
The Executive Board can, from time to time, shift the focus of any standing committee to address the then current needs of the PARTNERSHIP.
Election Process as described in GPP Bylaws:
OFFICERS AND EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
Section 6.01 OFFICERS AND BOARD MEMBERS
The officers of the PARTNERSHIP shall be a President or two Co-Presidents, Vice-President, a Secretary, a Treasurer and the Immediate Past President(s). Additionally, there shall be seven elected Board Members. Together, the Officers and elected Board Members shall comprise the Executive Board of the PARTNERSHIP.
- Each Officer and Board Member shall be a Corporate or Individual member of the PARTNERSHIP.
- No person may hold two or more PARTNERSHIP offices concurrently.
- No Officer or Board Member shall receive any salary or compensation as an Officer or Board Member for his or her services except as may be specified in these bylaws.
Section 6.02 QUALIFICATIONS
Officers and Board Members must be and shall have been active members in good standing as specified below:
- President(s) and Vice-President must have been an active participant on one or more PARTNERSHIP committees for at least two years prior to nomination.
- Secretary, Treasurer and Elected Board Members must have been an active participant on one or more PARTNERSHIP committees for at least one year prior to nomination.
Section 6.03 TERM OF OFFICE
The term of office of each Officer or Board Member shall be for two (2) years and each Officer or Board Member shall hold office until his or her successor shall be elected and qualified or until he or she shall resign or shall be removed or otherwise disqualified
- No Officer shall hold the same office for more than two (2) full consecutive terms. A person, who has served as an Officer for one full term, is again eligible for nomination to said office.
- Each Officer and Board Member shall take office during the January meeting following his or her election.
- Five of the seven Board Members shall be elected and serve concurrently with the officers. The other two shall be elected in the year between officer elections.
6.04 NOMINATION AND ELECTION
The Executive Board shall appoint a Nominating Committee chairperson in September of each year. The chairperson shall appoint no fewer than two (2) additional committee members who are not currently officers. The committee shall be approved by the Executive Board no later than its October meeting.
At the November membership meeting, the Nominating Committee shall present a slate of at least one (1) nominee for each office or board position to be filled. The Nominee shall have given prior consent to run for and fulfill the responsibilities of office if elected. At that same November membership meeting, nominations from the floor are in order assuming the Nominee has given prior consent to run for the office
- The Officer and Board Nominating Committee shall only consider candidates for an Officer or Board position who are and have been active members in good standing for at least two (2) years prior to nomination.
The Officer and Board Nominating Committee shall have sole discretion to determine the definition and degree of “actively participated,” but shall include a listing of the officer candidate’s participation with the nominating report.
ELECTIONS shall be held in the December business meeting by a show of hands unless there is only one nominee for a given office when a voice vote can be taken. For either method, the candidate or candidates will leave the room for the vote.
Section 6.05 REMOVAL OR RESIGNATION
Any Officer or Board Member may be removed by a vote of four-fifths (4/5) of the membership, after reasonable notice and a hearing, if requested. Any Officer or Board Member may resign in writing with 30 days notice. Such resignation is submitted to the Executive Board by delivering it to the President(s) or the Secretary.
Section 6.06 VACANCIES
A vacancy in any elected office shall be filled by a majority vote of the Executive Board. Each Officer or Board Member so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of the Officer or Board Member who has vacated said office.