When considering the exciting film advancements and opportunities rapidly multiplying in our area,
cutting-edge accomplishments at the high school level may not be the first example to spring to mind. But one local educator seeks to change that perception with the implementation of a unique alternative to traditional teaching methods and the construction of a technologically advanced studio tool.
(Atlanta Business Chronicle – Dave Williams)
Film and television production companies that specialize in post-production work would qualify for state tax credits under legislation that cleared the Georgia House of Representatives Friday.
The bill, which passed 158-3 and now moves to the state Senate, would provide a 20-percent tax credit for post-production companies that have a Georgia payroll of at least $250,000 and spend at least $500,000 during a taxable year. The credit would increase to 30 percent if the production is created exclusively in Georgia.
GPP’s first North Georgia Regional meeting was a great success. 200+ people came out to learn more about the opportunity that the Film Industry brings to all of North Georgia.
Thank you to our guest panelists:
- Craig Dominey – Camera Ready Program Manager with the Georgia Film Office
- Rebecca Shirley – Director, Downtown Development Authority/Main Street Program, city of Dahlonega; and Director of the North Georgia Film Office
- Jeff Marker – Head of Communication, Media & Journalism Department, and Associate Professor of Film and English, with the University of North Georgia
And of course, our very special appreciation to the University of North Georgia! Your campus, your staff, your students were all wonderful. We look forward to our next visit!
“GEORGIA YEAR IN FILM” Campaign
With many recent developments in our rapidly expanding industry, we are pleased that our guest speakers are Lee Thomas, Craig Dominey and Alison Fibben, our leaders from Georgia’s Film, Music & Digital Entertainment Office. They will update us on new industry developments and plans to use our spotlight to promote tourism with the Georgia Year In Film campaign.
- Doors open at 11:30 – come early to get lunch and network.
- Atlanta Technical College – 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy SW, Atlanta, GA 30310
- Free for Members; $20 Guest Fee.